TIMETABLE TERM 1 2021
ALL CLASSES HELD AT THE RECI CHURCH HALL, 1-3 PEARSON ST, GLADESVILLE.
MONDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5–11yrs GIRLS JLH Levels 1-2
* 5 – 6pm – 5-11yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 2-3
* 6 – 7pm – MUSICAL THEATRE – OPEN (ages 6yrs+)
* 7 – 8pm – ADULT HIP HOP
TUESDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5-12yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 1-2
* 5–6:30pm– ACTIONITED CREW Level 4 (audition required)
* 6:30 – 7:30pm – BOYS TECHNIQUE (ages 6+) Levels 1-3
WEDNESDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 3:45 – 4:45pm – 5-12yrs BOYS Level 1-2 HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING
* 4:45 – 5:45pm – GIRLS ONLY BREAKDANCING CLASS (ages 6yrs+)
* 5:45 – 6:45pm – TEEN HIP HOP – BOYS & GIRLS Open Level
* 6:45 – 7:45pm – ADULT HIP HOP
THURSDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5-12yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 1-2
* 5 – 6pm – PRE-TEEN & TEEN JLH Levels 1-3
* 6– 7pm – ACROBATICS Open Level (age 6+)
FRIDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5-12yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 2-3
* 5 – 6:30pm – SENIOR BOYS ACTIONITE CREW Level 4 (audition required for crew)
SATURDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 9 – 9:45am – LIL BROS BOYS CLASS (4-5 yrs class)
* 10 – 10:30am – LIL BROS BOYS CLASS (3 yrs only)
* 10:30 – 11:15am – LIL BROS BOYS CLASS (Advanced. For students who have done the class before)
## Classes are subject to change and will depend on enrolment numbers and class number limits
CLASS DESCRIPTIONS AND LEVELS
Please note that levels are a guide only and Tanya should be consulted on the most suitable dance class for your child.
- Level 1 – No previous training or a small amount.
- Level 2 – Some previous training, usually over a year, and an understanding of the genre.
- Level 3 – 2+ years of previous training, strong technique, body awareness, a good understanding of the genre, and be able to demonstrate certain skills or techniques relevant to the genre.
- Level 4 – 3+ years of previous training, strong technique, excellent body awareness, ability to demonstrate an advanced skill set in the genre.
- Open – a mixture of levels. Students in these classes will be given opportunities for private coaching if the level in the class is a little more advanced than their current level. The amount of private coaching sessions would depend on student’s current level.
GIRLS JLH (Jazz, Lyrical & Hip Hop)
Girls participating in this carefully designed program will delight in becoming stronger, more flexible, skilled in new areas, and confident in their dance ability, with a tribe of friends in a welcoming and supportive community. Girls will enjoy discovering skills to boost their confidence, self-esteem, resilience and optimism through Tanya’s Empower Dance Program in the creative and non-competitive social environment of the dance class.
Students participating in Thursday’s Acrobatics class will enjoy the strength, flexibility and extra skill level this class offers. Focus is on establishing strength foundations to build up to skills like handsprings, aerials and tricks. Students wishing to build on their ability to do breakdancing power moves will have the opportunity to do this in the class. Each student progresses at their own rate and in 2021 assessments will be conducted to make sure goals are being reached.
BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING
Boys participating in this uniquely designed program will be impressed by the strength, flexibility and level of skill they acquire in a short space of time. The structure of this program inspires rapid progression, creativity, teamwork, confidence, and motivation to practice and perform skills as often as possible. The comradery the boys experience through mentorship, friendship and the welcoming and supportive community at the studio, is an important and valued aspect of the program. Program content includes strength and flexibility training, power moves, popping, waving, locking, freezes, top rocking, choreography and freestyle at different levels (see levels for reference).
ACTIONITED Junior Crew and ACTIONITE Senior Crew classes offer students excellent potential for growth, improvement, progression and mateship. Crew members possess a strong desire to improve, learn new moves, and gain confidence through performing. The crews collaborate with the teacher, and each other, to produce the routines and are encouraged to use their creative skills in choreography and freestyle sets. Crew boys will also be invited to train for breakdancing battles and comps (if they wish). These classes require a strong level of commitment to the class, to their crew and to consistent improvement.
Students participating in this innovative program will be captivated and challenged with the collective techniques of Jazz, Lyrical and Contemporary dance. The structure and content will inspire the students to explore turns, leaps, body awareness, strength and flexibility. A fantastic outcome of this class is the considerable increase in co-ordination and spatial awareness. Students will enjoy the variety this class offers and the opportunity to explore moving to different styles of music.
TEEN HIP HOP
This highly popular combined class for both boys and girls challenges and inspires students with a variety of routines and techniques like Grooves, Popping, Waving, Locking and Litefeet moves. Students will enjoy the relaxed and fun nature of this class where they can connect with a tribe of friends in a welcoming environment. Outcomes include increased confidence in individual ability, co-ordination, strength, skill and performance ability.
LIL BROS BOYS 3-5YRS PRE-SCHOOL CLASS
This unique program began very successfully in 2018. Available to male students 3-5yrs of age. This program gives pre-school aged boys fantastic foundations for Hip Hop, Breakdancing and Acrobatics in an enjoyable and structured environment. There are 3 Saturday classes at different levels available for term 1 2021 with trial classes available to book upon enquiring.
This class was new to Dance Action in 2020 and is well-loved and highly successful addition to the timetable.The class is open to boys and girls aged 6yrs and over. Students enjoy dance – routines in different styles, singing – voice development and confidence, and acting – exercises, games and script creations. Interested students will be given the opportunity to trial the class before committing to a term.
GIRLS ONLY BREAKDANCING AND CREW CLASS
This class is new to Dance Action in Term 1, 2021 and we are excited to begin developing a girl’s breaking crew. While our other girls classes offer some components of breaking, we are excited to be offering this exclusive class. The class will be open to girls aged 6yrs and over. No previous training required but the students will have a desire to continually improve and extend their skills. Trial class available to assess suitability.
ADULT HIP HOP
Our Adult Hip Hop classes have experienced recent growth so we are now offering 2 classes per week – Mondays and Wednesdays. We are offering the class for either a half or full term. Casual class attendance is not available for Term 3. Adult students enjoy learning foundational Hip Hop Grooves and moves as well as Waving and Popping and fun routines, as well as connecting with a great community. New students are welcome to try a class before committing to the half or full term.
Contact Tanya at Dance Action to enrol or enquire now!