TIMETABLE TERM 2 2019
WEEKDAY CLASSES HELD AT THE RECI CHURCH HALL, 1-3 PEARSON ST, GLADESVILLE.
SATURDAY CLASSES HELD AT BORONIA PARK PUBLIC SCHOOL HALL, PITTWATER RD, HUNTERS HILL.
MONDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5–11yrs GIRLS JLH Levels 1-2
* 5 – 6pm – 5-11yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 2-3
* 6 – 7pm – ACRO & BREAKDANCING TRICKS Open Level (ages 6+)
TUESDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 6-12yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 1-2
* 5–6:30pm– ACTIONITED CREW Level 4 (audition required)
* 6:30 – 7:30pm – BOYS TECHNIQUE (ages 6+) Levels 1-2
WEDNESDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 3:45 – 4:45pm – 7-12yrs GIRLS JLH Level 3
* 4:45 – 5:45pm – TEEN LYRICAL/CONTEMPORARY – BOYS & GIRLS Open Level
* 5:45 – 6:45pm – TEEN HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING- BOYS & GIRLS Open Level
* 6:45 – 7:45pm – ADULT HIP HOP MOVES & GROOVES WORKSHOPS
THURSDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5-10yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 1-3
* 5 – 6pm – PRE-TEEN & TEEN JLH Levels 1-2
* 6– 7pm – ACROBATICS Open Level (age 6+)
FRIDAYS at the Gladesville Hall
* 4 – 5pm – 5-10yrs BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING Levels 2-3
* 5 – 6:30pm – SENIOR BOYS ACTIONITE CREW Level 4 (audition required for crew)
SATURDAYS at the Boronia Park Hall
* 9:15 – 10am – LIL BROS 3-5yrs BOYS CLASS
* 10:15 – 11am – LIL BROS 3-5yrs BOYS CLASS
CLASS DESCRIPTIONS AND LEVELS
Please note that levels are a guide only and Tanya should be consulted on the most suitable class for your child.
- Level 1 – No previous training or a small amount.
- Level 2 – Some previous training, usually over a year, and an understanding of the genre.
- Level 3 – 2+ years of previous training, strong technique, body awareness, a good understanding of the genre, and be able to demonstrate certain skills or techniques relevant to the genre.
- Level 4 – 3+ years of previous training, strong technique, excellent body awareness, ability to demonstrate an advanced skill set in the genre.
- Open – a mixture of levels. Students in these classes will be given opportunities for private coaching if the level in the class is a little more advanced than their current level. The amount of private coaching sessions would depend on student’s current level.
GIRLS JLH (Jazz, Lyrical & Hip Hop)
Girls participating in this carefully designed program will delight in becoming stronger, more flexible, skilled in new areas, and confident in their dance ability, with a tribe of friends in a welcoming and supportive community. Girls will enjoy discovering skills to boost their confidence, self-esteem, resilience and optimism through Tanya’s Empower Dance Program in the creative and non-competitive social environment of the dance class.
ACRO & BREAKDANCING TRICKS & ACROBATICS
Students participating in Monday’s Acro & Breakdancing Tricks will enjoy the strength, flexibility and extra skill level this class offers. Breakdancing tricks, including advanced power moves, are included in the class when students have the strength foundations. Each student progresses at their own rate and in 2019 assessments will be conducted on a regular basis to make sure goals are being reached.
Students participating in Thursday’s Acrobatics will also enjoy the strength, flexibility and extra skill level this class offers. Focus is on establishing strength foundations to build up to skills like handsprings, aerials and tricks. Students wishing to build on their ability to do breakdancing power moves will have the opportunity to do this in the class. Each student progresses at their own rate and in 2019 assessments will be conducted to make sure goals are being reached .
BOYS HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING
Boys participating in this uniquely designed program will be impressed by the strength, flexibility and level of skill they acquire in a short space of time. The structure of this program inspires rapid progression, creativity, teamwork, confidence, and motivation to practice and perform skills as often as possible. The comradery the boys experience through mentorship, friendship and the welcoming and supportive community at the studio, is an important and valued aspect of the program. Program content includes strength and flexibility training, power moves, popping, waving, locking, freezes, top rocking, choreography and freestyle at different levels (see levels for reference).
ACTIONITED Junior Crew and ACTIONITE senior crew will audition new members in 2019. Potential crew members will possess a strong desire to improve, enjoy performing, and will be required to attend 2 crew lessons to establish suitability. The crews collaborate with the teacher, and each other, to produce the routines and are encouraged to use their creative skills in choreography and freestyle sets. Crew boys will also be invited to train for breakdancing battles and comps (if they wish). The boys crews will be invited to perform at various events and will be available for bookings for birthday parties and functions in 2019.
Boys participating in this innovative program will be captivated and challenged with the collective techniques of Jazz, Lyrical and Contemporary dance. The structure and content will inspire the students to explore turns, leaps, body awareness, strength and flexibility. A fantastic outcome of this class is the considerable increase in co-ordination and spatial awareness. Boys will enjoy the variety this class offers and the opportunity to explore moving to different styles of music.
Students participating in this class will enjoy the challenge of gaining strength, flexibility and increased ability within this genre and the satisfaction of achieving personal goals. The class is open to girls and boys, and outcomes include learning the concepts and techniques of Lyrical and Contemporary dance, including turns and leaps, and achieving confidence in improvisation and basic technique. This is an open level class and all skills levels will be catered for, however prior training, in any genre, can help with progress.
TEEN HIP HOP/BREAKDANCING
This highly popular combined class for both boys and girls challenges and inspires students with a variety of routines and techniques like Popping, Waving, Locking and Breakdancing moves. Students will enjoy the relaxed and fun nature of this class where they can connect with a tribe of friends in a welcoming environment. Outcomes include increased confidence in individual ability, co-ordination, strength, skill and performance ability.
LIL BROS BOYS 3-5YRS PRE-SCHOOL CLASS
This unique program began very successfully in 2018. Available to male students 3-5yrs of age. This program gives pre-school aged boys fantastic foundations for Hip Hop, Breakdancing and Acrobatics in an enjoyable and structured environment. There are 2 Saturday timeslots available for term 1 2019 with a trial class lesson on February 2nd.
Private coaching is open to all students on a short or long-term basis and subject to availability. Private coaching can be used to help students advance to a higher level, correct technical issues, learn a move they have been wanting to learn or to prepare a routine for performance. For more information speak to Tanya.
Contact Tanya at Dance Action to enrol or enquire now!